Monday, December 20, 2004

Clean Fish: Pacific Saury (サンマ) , jack mackerel(シマアジ), Calamary(ヤリイカ)

Because I care about fleshness of food I eat, I decide to clean fish by myself.
The first atempt was Pacific Saury. This fish is long but small kind of fish.
It was surprisingly easy. I fried it with olive oil and basil. Because it was not very big fish, also the bone is small enough and can be eaten after fried.

It was not grotesque as I expected.

I tried bigger fish next, and it was jack mackerel(? I think.)
It was bigger and tougher to clean fish. The final result was not very beautiful.

The third attempt was Calamary (squid). It was very easy, and I use it for last night meal.

Next attempt? maybe Pacific Saury again. I am going to cook it with newly learned spices. I cannot wait!

I am using Comprehensive Ocean Dictionary to translate name of fish in Japanese to English.

No comments: