Sunday, December 19, 2004

My Own Masala

Masala means mixture of spices. In India, each house has their special taste of food, because of difference in kind and amount of spice they mix. There are more than 20 spices you can add, so the number of resulting taste is uncountable. This fascinated me and I decide to create my own Masala.

Yesterday I made curry rice. This was my first experiment of creating curry rice without using products on the market.

This is the recipe:
Tomato Souce(AGNESI's Polpa di Pomodora) - About 350g
Onion - 1
Garlic - 3 pieces

Spices
------------------------------
Black Pepper (Malabar) - N/A
Laurel - 1 leaf
Cardamon Powder - N/A
Cumin Seed - N/A
Clove - 3 pieces
Basil (whole) - N/A
Coriander Powder - N/A
Nutmeg Powder - N/A
Turmeric Powder - N/A

Tomato souse and minced garlic and onion all in the pot, then heated till boiled.
Other spices mixed and grinded, and add water to make paste.
Put the spice paste to the pot.

This time I put squid in the curry.

It was delicious. I feel my stomach warm because of the black pepper.

No comments: