Monday, August 02, 2004

About CD Rental in Japan

TSUTAYA (only in Japanese) is CD/DVD rental shop in Japan (And only country which has CD rental shop). "In Japan CD rental is legal and it is approved by RIAJ. The catch is there is a 6-month waiting period for new CDs. "

I have not realize the greatness of this service until today.
I work in Shinjuku, and there is one of the biggest TSUTAYA shop in Japan, so you can find so many categories of CDs there. I rent 6 CDs for a week, and copies all into my iTunes. It will costs me about $20 in America. Since I came back here 3 years ago, I have not done a lot of copying, since Copying CD is little bit of effort; Copying to a computer, wait few minutes, replace with CD-R, wait few more minutes, label the CD-R with pen (results sometimes not pretty), and how about CD jacket? If you want one, you must first scan, which takes about another few minutes, print, and cutting. This is a lot of work. But since the introduction of iTunes, you can just put a CD in CD tray, hit Import, wait about few minutes, it's done. Find CD jacket from Amazon.com.

Today I am discovering...
STEELY DAN - two against nature
NICKELBACK - SILVER SIDE UP
BECK - SEA CHANGE
STING - BRAND NEW DAY
Simon & Garfunkel - Sound of Silence
SMASH MOUTH - WALKIN' ON THE SUN (single)

Oh, I can't stop doing it!
It is a life in Japanese way!

Another Links:
*About Japanese CD Rental (in Japan)

No comments: