Saturday, August 21, 2004

Movie: The Hours (2002) **1/2

Good film. Directed by Stephen Daldry
of Billy Elliot(2000). Billy Elliot was a better film. Nicole Kidman was nominated for Oscar for her role in this film, and she is really good. Must-See acting.

The story is about 3 women in 3 different time. The book "Mrs. Dalloway" is the connection between them. There are more connections between them, and it is fun to discover them as story goes.

If I understand more, I would have appreciated more, I guess. Maybe second viewing is better than first, but I do not have time for that unfortunately.

After I watched this film, I get very interested in who the Virginia Woolf is, and what "Mrs. Dalloway" 's story is about. I may watch Mrs. Dalloway (1997) soon.

**1/2 out of 4

*IMDb
*Trailer

No comments: